Mediacom offers its services for over 22 states in the U.S. Logging into the Mediacom router is pretty simple. This article will cover everything that is needed to be covered regarding Mecom login. To maximize the entire browsing experience, one must use the Mediacom internet and router.
A short introduction to Mediacom
Mediacom is quite famous among the average small businesses and households and is located in the United States. It is generally dependent upon the total several video subscribers.
Mediacom is labelled as one of the world’s leading media communication specialists. In reality, Mediacom is a type of agency that is under the GroupM network that shoulders the entire responsibility of handling media duties ranging from organizing, implementation, buying access to big accounts.
Accessing the Mediacom control panel
The process of getting access to the Mediacom control panel can be done manually. It can be done either with the help of the default equipment or through the Home Network Manager.
What you need
The following are the equipment that one must need:
- Mediacom wireless router
- Either a laptop or a desktop computer, tablet or smartphone
- Convenient access to the Wi-Fi network
Accessing the Mediacom Router Log-in page
In the beginning, one needs to power on their router and run it generally. After doing so, it has to be made sure that the computer has very good internet connectivity and then the following steps are to be followed:
- Firstly, any browser should be launched
- Visit the site http://homewifi.mediacomcable.com. Either that or you can visit your respective IP address
- In this step, just sign in with the registered username and password.
- For people who are first-timers, they should proceed by entering a default username along with a unique code. If you have forgotten your password simply click on ‘forgot your passphrase’ so that you can reset it.
- After you are done with the above steps, you are all set to log in.
Changing the default login details
In terms of default login details, Mediacom has its own set of default credentials. This is an important factor when it comes to building up a specific router along with configuring settings for the first-ever time. Mediacom’s modem utilizes either admin or cusadmin as the default username. This has been introduced just in the case if the former fails to work, you can attempt the latter. Basically, the Mediacom default router password is the same as the username but there are cases where the key is basically used which is typically founded at the sticker of the router.
Although default Mediacom router login is considered to be way more convenient, however, it may easily fall into hacking, therefore it is advisable to change the Mediacom login credentials through the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to your account
- After accessing, visit Wi-Fi> My Wireless Network
- Search for the SSID field so that the username can be edited. Here the passphrase area is exclusively for the passcode
Mediacom Router reset
Out of the many benefits of resetting the modem, one is helping in retrieving the forgotten password and the other is resolving matter that is not solvable with restarting. Once the reset has been done, it will directly reset all the settings to the factory default. After that, one will need to log in and follow up by changing the Mediacom router login credentials after carefully going through the entire process.
So, if you want to reset your Mediacom router, you need to stick to the following mentioned steps;-
- First of all, spot the reset button at the back of the router
- Pick up the pointy edge of the pen or paper clip and gently push down and hold the button for no more than 15 seconds
- After doing the above step, the Mediacom modem will venture to a reboot phase. The flashing of the light will ensure that the reset is complete and successful.
The entire process will last around two minutes or so.
Setting up the Wi-Fi name and password in the Mediacom router
In order to set up a wi-fi name and password, one needs to search for ‘my wireless network’ and then tap on the WiFi option.
Network Name (SSID): mediacomwifi (change name for wifi in this box)
Passphrase: utilizing an alphanumeric password combination so as to use a strong password security
Security: WPA2 (recommended) keeping it a wpa2 security type
The frequency brand: 2.4 GHz
Radio mode: BGN
Channel Width: use 20/40 (it is based on the area interference)
Channel; use 1 to 11 or keeping it auto if multiple WiFi networks running nearby
After you are done with the above steps, click on the ‘save’ button from the tap as tapping it will apply the changes.
Searching Mediacom Router Log-in IP
Remembering the IP address can come in handy as most of the time, the link won’t be accessible. The following steps are to be followed in order to find the IP address:
People who are apple users need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- You need to open the Terminal Window and for that visit Finder>Application>Utilities>Terminal
- Type the respective command “netstat –nr| grep” default on the blank space
- You will find your IP address displayed on the screen
People who are window users need to stick to the below-mentioned steps:
- In the PC launch Command Prompt by clicking on the Win+R buttons
- Type cmd and then tap on ‘Enter’ to process
- Type ipconfug | findstr/I “Gateway”
- Tap the Enter button and you will find your IP on the screen
Setting up the Mediacom modem is pretty easy along with configuring the default settings with the easy steps that are vividly mentioned in this entire guide. In order to avoid unauthorized access into the home network, use the Mediacom Xtreme router and keep updating the wifi and login password. With the right instructions, it will be very easy to execute the process. So, now that you have all the information you need, you are all set to get started with your Mediacom login.